Wednesday 1 July 2015

Ribbon, Lace or Twine at Sparkles Christmas Challenge

Today's the first of the month and that means a new challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge, where we'd like you to incorporate some ribbon, lace or twine.

Our sponsor this month is Fantastic Ribbons and the winner will be able to choose £10 worth of goodies from their store with free postage.


My card was inspired by my first ever etsy purchase - until a few weeks ago, I didn't realise you could buy craft supplies there, I thought it was only for finished crafted articles. I must be a bit slow on the uptake! Anyway, I bought a roll of beautiful candy-coloured twine and just had to use it for my DT challenge, despite the colours being about as un-Christmassy as could be.

A rummage through my Christmas bits box produced some background papers that picked up colours from the twine, and I had some card suitable for matting, and this stamp, which was a magazine cover gift a year or two back, gave me the opportunity to colour the decoration and Santa-hat to match the twine.

I'd normally have started with the image and then chosen papers and trimmings to go with it, so starting with the twine, especially in such non-festive colours, was an interesting way to go about it and gave me a chance to think more creatively - I must try doing that more often!


3 comments:

Helen said...

Love it. That twine is gorgeous. Must have a look at etsy.
Hugs Helen P x

Pat said...

Lovely card Jane with a sweet Christmas image.

Pat xx

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh that elephant is so so cuute
and I never seen twine like this in Germany
adorable Twine you have
sweet beautiful card you made Jane