Tuesday 28 July 2015

Curiousity Corner revisited

If you've been with me for a while, you may remember that last year I was lucky enough to win the entire Dovecraft Curiosity Corner range. Like a child with a new toy, I went crazy with it for a while until I'd exhausted all the ideas I had, then set it aside and haven't really dome much with it since.

However, as with the Hunkydory kit yesterday, I'm going through a bit of a phase of rediscovering old Stuff, so I got the remaining goodies out for another playtime session and these are the cards that resulted. Apart from base cardstock and a little ink for the edges of some of the layers, everything came from the Curiosity Corner goodies.


This first one is my favourite - I'm pleased with the way the bird on the backing paper is reflected in the wooden bird lower down, with other elements also bringing out the almost-hidden parts of the backing paper.


An ultra quick and simple card this time but the main attraction is the central blue section of the doyley, cut from a matching blue doyley and layered on top of the cream one.


My least favourite, I'm afraid - I spent ages experimenting with the arrangement of the flowers and buttons, but what looked perfect lying flat on my work table doesn't seem to hit the spot quite so well  when I look at it as a finished card. Also now I've uploaded the photo, I can see I've forgotten to add a centre to one of the flowers and it looks a bit naked! But that, of course, I can fix in a jiffy.

I'm sharing the first card with Fan-Tastic Tuesday where the new challenge is Anything goes with a twist - Make it feminine

3 comments:

Liz said...

Three lovely cards, Jane! I actually think my favourite is the bottom one, especially with the added flower centre. ;-) It always good to look through long-forgotten stash. Yesterday I was looking for a particularly die, one of the old Sizzix red ones, when I came across a couple I don't recall ever using and to be honest, didn't realise I had bought! xx

Darnell said...

Way to go back and play some more, Jane! The results are sensational! I like the first one best, too, but the others are very impressive to me!! Hugs, Darnell

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday crafty hugs Judith DT x