Monday 20 July 2015

Spots and stripes for Christmas

My Christmas card making is coming on far too slowly this year - I keep getting distracted by other things! But I have lots of great festive goodies in my stash, and it's really time I blew off the dust and started using some of them properly or I'll have a last minute panic.

So here is a card I have made using papers from a very old Hot Off The Press kit. The spotty and stripey papers, the acetate overlay, the tab and the round embellishment all came from the kit, with gold added because I love gold with the traditional Christmas red/white/green combo (and it takes away that stereotyped "HOTP look"), some ribbon from my stash and a little peel off added to the tab. That peel off came from the very first sheet of peel offs I ever bought, so it is many, many years old! The sheet is almost finished, I must see if Craft Creations still has it in their catalogue.


I'm sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 238 - Spots/stripes
Winter Wonderland - Traditional Christmas Colours
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Dots and stripes
Crafty Gals Corner - Christmas in July
Oooh La la Creations - 185 - Christmas in July   

12 comments:

Wynn said...

A great traditional Christmas card. You've made good use of all your old but loved stash. Thank you for sharing it. With us at OLL challenges Jayne......Wynn DT

Amy Cohen said...

Wonderful card- good luck with your entry at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Carol L said...

What a fabulous Christmas card! I love the colors, papers, and especially those little snippets used here and there!

EriEs said...

Beautiful card - love all the patterned papers

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner
Erika, DT

Linby said...

I like the peel off! Never seen one like that before. Such a great layout - love it. Thanks for sharing with us at OLLC.
Lynn x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Deborah A

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Thanks also for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR July challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team x

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Sorry, I don't know why blogger has put all that after my comment - I deleted the original one because I had put 237 instead of 238 - wish I'd left it alone now! - lol! x

Jane Willis said...

Although you've deleted your comment I think I know what happened - I am signed up to an anti-copying service that tags a link to the original post on to anything copied and pasted from the blog, and it must do it with comments too, so when you copied your original comment to paste in an updated version, the link got added!

TRACEY O said...

Lovely creation Jane. Thank you for joining us at CCAYR this month.