Wednesday 1 July 2015

Inspired by an English Country Garden #8

One of the gorgeous photos that Mark took on our recent visit to West Green House was of a Small Tortoiseshell butterfly at rest on a clump of orange and mauve wallflowers. You can see the photo, and many other lovely ones, on this post.

I thought the colour scheme would make a lovely card, with the butterfly offset against the flowers and their green foliage. The butterfly topper I found on Sharon Duncan's "Beautiful Butterflies" CD isn't quite a Small Tortoiseshell, although it is similar, but the colours were just right for my card.

I decided to keep the outside quite simple, with the topper and a little bit of layering, and a single layer of decoupage. This, I hope, means that the recipient will have a surprise when they open the inside and find patterned paper (also printed from the CD), a mini topper used as a stopper, some gorgeous sparkly bling to represent morning dew  - the gem strips are from The Hand Made Card Company - and a birthday greeting.







I would like to share this with

CD Sundays - Flitter and Flutter
Ooh La La Creations - Happy Birthday
Alphabet Challenge - J is for Jewels
Butterfly challenge - G  is for Gems    
Fab'n'Funky - Birthdays

14 comments:

Wynn said...

A beautiful card Jane and a stunning butterfly. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at CD Sunday. I'm off to read Mark's blog which I always find interesting as does my OH. Wynn DT

Beverley said...

Beautifully coloured and overall stunning card. Hugs Bev x

Mrs A. said...

A delightful card. I love the backing paper with the butterfly such gorgeous colours. Just had a look at the photo on Mark's blog and the picture of the butterfly is amazing. It is camouflaged so well. Gems look perfect on the easel part of the card which is indeed a surprise. Thankyou for fluttering by #34 and being 1st past the post. hugs Mrs A.

Joan said...

Oh, what a pretty card!! I love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations!

Christi Conley said...

WOW - you fussy cut that butterfly?!?! I'm gonna mail you all my stuff I need cut ok?? LOL Stunning card and I would have never thought of that color combo!! xoxo

Carol said...

A beautiful card Jane. I enjoyed my photographic trip with Mark. Thank you for pointing us in the direction of his Blog.
Thank you for your continued support.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Monika Reeck said...

woow Jane
that butterfly really adorable
Loooveee the color and the butterfly it self
adorable card Jane
Now I do a bit catch up hope you dont mind I am bombarder you with comment Jane :)

Janice said...

Another great card Jane, that butterfly is so pretty - I love the colours. Thanks again for joining us at OohLaLa, I love visiting your blog! Jx

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card made from a lovely memory. I popped over and had a look at all the photos which are stunning. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A striking card Jane, love your butterfly and the overall design. Thanks for sharing Mike's photos with us, they are beautiful.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

coldwaters2 said...

That is one beautiful butterfly topper, wow, those colours are so natural and rich, love the card design a super make, thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
hugs
lorraine x

sue-b said...

what a fabulous butterfly , love it and a great shape card too.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b DT xx

JayBe said...

A stunning design, Jane - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

starcyl said...

That's really pretty Jane, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny
CD Sunday DT