Tuesday 21 July 2015

A little touch of Steampunk in the Night

Steampunk is really way outside my comfort zone. To me, it's not just a crafting style, it's a whole genre, which lots of people devote their whole lives to, dressing the part, going to conventions, buying the artwork, the outfits, the jewellery - I simply don't know enough about it to feel comfortable with it as a crafting style, so I'm always worried that the work I produce will offend a true devotee.

However, it DOES give me an excuse to play with my lovely Kanban toppers and equally lovely docrafts Chronology stamps, so I do dabble from time to time and hope that the serious Steampunk lovers will look away! And this week it's Steampunk at Make My Monday so I have a good reason to dabble.

I absolutely love the effect of stamping with a Versamark pad onto Kraft card - the images show up beautifully once the ink has been left to develop, so I made a background using this technique, applying the Chronology stamps at random over the card. I had all sorts of plans for the toppers, but once my background was stamped and the edges lightly inked, I didn't want to cover it up, so I pared down the toppers and layers as much as I could. Is CAS Steampunk a Thing? Maybe I could start a craze......

1 comment:

Joan said...

Oh, I love your card and what a super image!!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!