Tuesday 21 July 2015

Christmas in July at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week we're getting festive at Cardz 4 Guyz, where the theme is Christmas in July.

Now, lots of Christmas cards are really quite genderless, but I wanted to come up with something that was definitely masculine. And although I know of some steam-crazy women, steam engines are generally thought of as a very male interest, so this set of steam engine toppers from La Pashe's CD "The Best of La Pashe 2014" was just what I wanted. I added papers from a very old Hot Off The Press Christmas pad, again choosing ones in rather masculine colours and patterns, plus a greeting stamped with one of last Christmas's magazine freebies.

As a change from usual, I used the larger image on the inside of the card with just a small "teaser" of it on the outside.


2 comments:

Julie B said...

What a fab image, certainly has that vintage feel!
Your beef recipe looks different but I can't see what the chips add as you say yourself! :)

Andrea W said...

Terrific masculine Christmas card! The papers are just right and I love the image.