Friday 3 July 2015

Fresh and Fruity

This hot sticky weather has left me mostly wanting to eat fruit - and what could be more refreshing than a sweet, juicy slice of watermelon?

I made this watermelon by die cutting two circles from consecutive sizes of Nestabilities, sticking the red on top of the green then cutting in half to give two melon slices. The seeds are actually the waste card from cutting two small flowers that have open-middled petals. I gave extra summery zing to the card with an orange and yellow striped paper and matching plains, and finished with a sentiment stamped with a stamp from the Dovecraft Curiosity Corner set. All the card and paper came from my snippets box.


I'm sharing this extra quick-and-easy card with

Pixie's Snippets Playground week 183
Make My Monday - Sweet Summer Treats

and, thanks to Monika for suggesting it, also  House of Cards, a chsallenge I've not joined in with before, where there is a food/photo inspiration

8 comments:

Di said...

Oh wow Jane, this is terrific! Clever how you made the watermelon too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Reeck said...

Now I want to eat your watermelon Jane
this is so amazing
love that idea and love the layout too
Jane..if you see The House of Cards you can enter too this card
cause we have challenge food or color inspiration
and this fruit also fit with our challenge
see my side bar or my third post it is the House Of Cards challenge post :)
Happy weekend my friend
hugs, Monika

Rocky said...

What a clever card, that watermelon is making my mouth water. Thank you for sharing it with us at HOC.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Deliciously yummy card - love those seeds! Thanks for playing with us at House Of Cards!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO cool!!! LOVE the watermelons you created--are those actual watermelon seeds?! This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous, fun card! Thanks for playing at House of Cards!

Suzi B said...

Thanks for joining us at MMM with this cool, summery card.
Suzi B DT

craftysahmiam said...

Great use for the waste from your floral die cuts; thanks for sharing your yummy watermelon slices card with us at House of Cards. Do join us again !