Tuesday 7 July 2015

A Sketch at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we have a sketch for you - we'd like to see a masculine card using this sketch:

Why not see what you can come up with and join in? If you need inspiration, pop over and see what the rest of the design team has done with it.

As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought how much the body of an acoustic guitar it looked! So I've recreated the look of a guitar, using wood effect paper, die cut circles and metallic thread. A stamped sentiment on the thingy that the strings attach to (that's the technical term for it, you know)  finished the guitar off, and the stamped star with its built-in sentiment added to the "rock star" theme.

As usual I had all kinds of trouble photographing the silver card and the silver candi "studs" - I've included shots from two different angles but you just can't stop silver from reflecting!


 
I'm sharing this with
 
Creative Card Crew - Die Cuts
Clear it Out Challenge - anything goes

3 comments:

Julie B said...

Such a fab take on the sketch Jane, love all the details too. :)

Liz said...

What a clever design! Love the wood effect paper. I know what you mean about photographing silver card and Candi, but you've done a great job. xx

Andrea W said...

Brilliant idea! I would have never thought of this but my father-in law plays the guitar. I'll have to remember this for Father's Day next year. Excellent job with the sketch.