Tuesday 14 July 2015

No Designer Paper Allowed at Cards 4 Guyz

This week, Kim has chosen the theme "No Designer Paper Allowed" for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Now I really ought to have found this one easy - despite having hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous papers, I think at least 9 out of 10 of the cards I make don't include any. After all, I don't really like to use them up - I always have this feeling that once I've used them, I won't have them there to enjoy any more.

However my crafting mojo is stubborn, and the moment it's told not to use something, it tries to tell me to use it in EVERYTHING. So I really struggled to come up with an idea - even when I'd decided to use this Beethoven stamp (which I can't remember the manufacturer of, sorry)  it was whispering to me that I have a great sheet of musical score paper somewhere that would look perfect with it. But I overruled it, and used an antique music stamp from Kanban instead. I added a stamped violin - this was a separate stamp although the one from the main image would have worked too - and a die cut musical staff. The layers and embossed background came from my snippets box.


I've been away to visit my Mum for a few days, and had no internet, so I scheduled this to post while I was a\way, but now I'm home there are a couple of challenges I'd like to link to:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 185
The Male Room - a song title - Roll Over Beethoven (originally I'd been planning to do All You Need is Love - I seem to have a bit of a Beatles fixation!)

11 comments:

Liz said...

Great card, everything goes so well together and the colour scheme is especially perfect for a man. I love the music die and after seeing it before on your cards, I knew it would be just what I needed for a retirement card this week, so thank you for enabling to buy another die! -) I was playing around with the die only last night and have a card half finished. xx

Julie B said...

Know what you mean about using up DPs but I'm really trying hard to use some of mine especially the 6 x6 ones, still find it hard to cut into a 12 x 12! :)

Cazro said...

A fabulous card, it's so good to get a chance not to use the DP, but we can still slip back, I made a card then realised I had stamped onto designer paper to create my main image. Duh! So had to make another one. I love the stamps you have used. Thanks for creating a wonderful DT inspirational card for Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

JayBe said...

I love the collage effect on your design, Jane - glad you will held out not to reach for the papers! Lol.
Hugz, Jan xx

Viv said...

Great card Jane, I know what you mean about not using papers....I just stroke mine too lol ;) Viv xx

Kimbo said...

Great card Jane and I too need that die. Off for a little retail therapy now x

Di said...

Great card Jane! Unusual, quite special and very detailed stamp there (Beethoven) - and I did have a giggle that you'd 'enabled' Liz to buy herself the music die :)

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Reeck said...

I like your design Jane
clever idea to arrange NO DESIGN PAPER card with those stamping Images
and the music note DIES is adorable love it much
Great DT card
and yesterday came the post from you
yaaay
many many thanks Jane
lovely twine...
I will tell your name in my post if I used it..
danke Mercy..thanks Jane
hugs, Monika

Mrs A. said...

Your mojo might have had to work extra hard for this card but what a stunner it is, Love the theme and the colours.
Dragon flies are just as acceptable on your entries. The green goody bag this time has a dragonfly stamp included in it and I have just bought some dragonfly brads to include in future bags! Moths can come and play too. Hugs Mrs A.

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing your DP free card with us at TMR, it's absolutely great, now that song's buzzing around in my head!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like your take on the song title - love the images. And now I'm humming the song too! So sorry to be so late commenting (summer holiday!), thanks so much for playing along with our Song Title challenge at The Male Room. Deborah x