Sunday 19 July 2015

Vintage wedding card

Blimey, she's really knocking out the posts today! You can see how much I missed my crafting and my blogging friends while I was away. I must pack a portable craft kit next time I'm going anywhere.

Anyway, I've made this card for two challenges - Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge where the theme is Wedding, and for Fan-Tastic Tuesdays where the theme is Anthying goes with a twist - Use Some Lace

To make the base card, I cut two pieces of pink, one 30cm x 15cm and  one 17cm x 15cm. I scored and folded the larger piece into a 15 cm square, and scored the smaller piece at 2cm, sticking the 2cm flap behind the right hand edge of the larger card to create a three-panel card. Then I cut from the fold to halfway down the outer edge of the two side flaps, and scored both at 7.5cm to fold back out on themselves. It's a sight easier to do than to describe!

The card I covered the panels with is a Hunkydory one. It has a printed lace border along the edge, but for a wedding I think you want something a bit more special than printed lace, so I covered the printed lace with real lace. I gave the cut out shapes and the main card a very, very light edging with Antique Linen Distress Ink - not so much to add colour or a distressed effect but just to remove the "raw edge" look of freshly cut card.

The image is from a printed sheet I bought at a show a long time ago, the heart and vellum lace flowers are from another Hunkydory pack and all the embellishments are from a pack of die cuts that was a Create and Craft Club gift a couple of years ago.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are lovely Jane

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is such a lovely wedding card. I love the folds that open up to the inside - every detail is just perfect!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 89 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Unknown said...

This is stunning Jane, love the photo inside and you've captured the vintage look perfectly..worth getting married for! x