Sunday 19 July 2015

Dandelion clocks

Do you remember "telling the time" with dandelion clocks? I used to love doing that, which is probably why I love them so much - along with all kinds of flowers that take the same sort of shape, such as agapanthus and aliums.

This stamp, an old one from Blade Rubber, could represent any one of those plants, but today it is being a dandelion clock to match the papers which I printed out from one of my old favourite CDs, Now That's Funky from Funky Hand. I've stamped it in three colours to match the paper, added some layering on a Kraft card,  a stamped sentiment using, yet again,  the cover stamp from this month's Papercraft Essentials, and added a printed "ribbon" border from the same CD and some Candi as a finishing touch.


I'm sharing this with
CD Sundays - add a stamped image
Inkspirational - Anything goes with Kraft (how true, just about anything DOES go with Kraft, although I know they didn't mean it that way!)

7 comments:

Christine said...

I like this Jane, your chosen colours work so well together and the Dandelion Clock Stamp is beautiful. I super layout
Thanks for joining in with us
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Yes i do remember blowing Dandelion Clocks. They were so fascinating to a child. This is a great bold card using the super Funky Hands papers. I have a few of their CD's.
Thank you for joining us Jane.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Dandelion Clocks remind me of sunny summer days long past. Great card and the memories it stirred up made me smile.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

Love the layout and colours you've used. That stamp is fab too. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Marina said...

Yes I agree with you that anything DOES go with kraft and I love your rich colour scheme and fabulous design.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the layout and stamped image
Margaret

sue-b said...

Love this colour way , beautiful stamp too, don't we all love the dandelion clock, what a lovely tradition to pass down , my own grandchildren love them too, beautiful card .
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b x
DT