Saturday 18 June 2016

Butterfly and blooms

The latest challenge at Butterfly Challnege is Butterflies with Oval and/or Olive. Olive green is one of my favourite colours which means that when I have anything that colour in my stash, it tends to be used up really quickly, but I managed to collect together a couple of old Anna Griffin papers and some dark olive  Core-dinations card.

The fancy oval is cut with a Spellbinders die, then because I don't have a large enough oval die to fill the centre, I used the inner rim of the die as a template to cut my cream card. I stamped the image three times, once on the oval and twice on scraps of the same card, and then cut out the butterfly, postmark and flowers from the extra images and used them to layer up to give dimension to the finished card.

5 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a very wonderful card.
I love your very great design of this, and the wonderful items used to make it.
Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge with this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Jane, such a beautiful image and fabulous dimension.
Pauline
x

Mrs A. said...

Now this is so elegant. I love the 3D aspect you have given the oval centre piece. Gorgeous green colours too. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. your card will be entered for the prizes twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

A gorgeous card, love the decoupage . Cara x

mamapez5 said...

A lovely balances and dimensional card. I like the subtle colours. Kate x