Saturday 18 June 2016

Coffee, Tea or Me at Twofers

Our latest challenge at Twofers has just gone live and this fortnight it is Coffee, Tea or Me.

Now, despite being a tea lover, I have practically no tea or coffee themed craft stash, and only one stamp even remotely suitable, this Crafty Individuals stamp of a bird balanced precariously on a pile of vintage tea cups. I had a good old rummage through my stash and found a piece of teapot  backing paper and these printed teacup images - also from Crafty Individuals - but how to pull it all together?

Then I remembered the conversations my parents used to have on family days out.

Dad: "Shall we stop for a tea or coffee?"
Mum: "Whatever."
Dad: "Would you like to stop now or later?"
Mum: "Whenever"

It was the same every time we went out, and has become permanently associated with the question "Tea or coffee?" in my mind. I had the perfect stickers for it, too, so a bit of collage with the images and a doiley and some lovely crinkle ribbon, and I was good to go.


Do please join in with us at Twofers - Zoe and I are feeling very lonely over there as we get so few entries, and that means few chances to enjoy your lovely work. Any style or technique is welcome as long as your work fits the theme and uses some stamping and no digis. As you can see from my card this time, it doesn't need to be ALL stamping!

I'm sharing this with

A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes
Classic Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - June    

7 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a brilliant card.
I love your fab design and the wonderful paper used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this is super fun and I love it. Nice design and beautiful colours.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Cara said...

Love the story behind this beautiful card. Cara x

Greta said...

Just beautiful, Jane, & I love the story behind it!

Catie Cuddles said...

How pretty. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Helen said...

Great card, Jane - you've combined everything together really well.

Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge Blog.

Helen x
(DT)

Catie Cuddles said...

Back again to thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge too!
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT