Wednesday 15 June 2016

No image or photo

OK, if you've looked at the thumbnail you may be puzzled as there IS a photo - unless, of course, you already knew that the latest challenge at CD Sundays is No Image or Photo. On the card, not in the blog post!

For my card I have used a selection of papers printed off from the Funky Hand CD "Funky Daze" - this is among my oldest craft CDs and still a great favourite, yet each time I use it I fond something new. I'm pretty sure I have never used any of the papers in this particular colour group before.

In place of an image, I've used an acetate sentiment from a very old Hot Off The Press kit, which I've stuck to white card and die cut. A couple of die cuts to pick up the pink of the stripes and the swirls on the teal paper finish the card off.


11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Wow Jane,
I have that CD too (several of theirs in fact) and like you have never used those particular papers in this colour way. They really do make a statement. Must rootle out my stash of cd's.
I don't have an a problem with using W10 (I have it installed on the Lnyx tablet that I bought to use on holiday, but that was a blank canvas with no other programes loaded and I'm slowly finding my way round it) just the fact that our laptops will not be able to cope with anything higher than windows 7. I have such lot of extras added that it will crash full stop!! Our internet problems are not over yet it fell over sometime last night and the router had to be rebooted this morning so we are back into the same scenario we had last year with Talk Talk.
Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

Hi Jane. I am a Funky Hand fan as well. I have quite a few of their CD's. They always seem to have the right paper when you need it. I like your colour combination - sort of chocolate and teal. A great card and perfect for the challenge.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Great Card, love the way you used your papers, and the wonderful sentiment.
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Well you never disappoint Jane, what a fab card you have created here, loving the colous and and design so attractive, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.xx
sue-b DT

Unknown said...

Fabulous card those papers are great love the colours Debbs x

Jocelyn said...

Love the colours and layout, such a great card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

Fabulous colour combo Jane and what a great sentiment too. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Your cards are always a joy to view. Wynn DT

meg said...

Wonderful sentiment as the focal point of your card, the die cut ties it into the papers beautifully. Thank you for participating at CD Sunday for this challenge.

Pamela said...

A very different design and a great example of the theme. Thanks for joining in the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Cara said...

Great card, love the sentiment as the focal image. Cara x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, a brilliant sentiment and great colours.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline
x