Sunday 19 June 2016

Inspired by buttons

This week I stocked up on Christmas embellishments from It's Sew Gorgeous who sell through their Facebook page. They have a great selection of unusual buttons, and I think a lot of my Christmas makes are going to be inspired by them from now on.

I immediately picked out two very pretty buttons in pink and turquoise, rather unusual colours for Christmas, which go beautifully with a Craft Asylum pad of VERY un-Christmassy papers that I've not used for a while and was due for an outing. To make it all a bit more festive, I stamped a topper using stamps from a Christmas Special of one of the craft mags from a few years ago, and used Promarkers to colour it to go with the papers and buttons.


I am sharing this with

Just add ink - Stripes
Fantasy Stampers - Teddy Bear's Picnic
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Cute or Anything Goes
Glitter 'n' Sparkle - Anything Goes  

9 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

This is so sweet Jane. Your cute bear and pressie images are delightful. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

cotnob said...

An adorable card Jane, such a cute image and those buttons are fabulous.
Mark's vegetable garden below looks wonderful, so neat and tidy - mine never looks that good!
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Supe cute Christmas card, loving those buttons,veggie patch looks amazing Debbs xx

Christine Blain said...

This is a very sweet card, Jane; and that striped paper is awesome! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Sweet card - I really love your button details and the way you have ripped the edge around your image. Chantell JAI

Patrice said...

I absolutely love non traditional Christmas colours. Your card is super cute, Jane - gorgeous buttons and fabulous colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Cara said...

Lobe those background papers and the buttons are so cute, a fab card. Cara x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 286 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

JayBe said...

I love the alternate colours for Christmas, Jane - your card is perfect for our challenge. Thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx