Wednesday 29 June 2016

Fly me to the moon

Among the lovely goodies in my stash is a very old pad of K & Company 12 x 12 papers, and this space themed paper is one of the sheets from it. I've cut and torn various elements from the paper, including the countdown, the "to the moon" sentiment and the tiny rockets, and combined it with some blue spotty corrugated kraft because why not, and a stamped sentiment using bits snipped from a Dylusions one that originally said "You are about to exceed the limits of my medication".

And then I had the bright idea of blinging it up a bit with tiny peel off stars. Have you any idea what absolute @*!@*s those peel off stars are to pick up, even with a pokey tool?



I'm popping back to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for a second entry into the O is for Outer Space challenge.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

While I like the sentiment in its original form, this is a perfect use of part of it! Awesome way to use that paper, too. Thanks for joining the fun - again! - at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

scrappymo! said...

Great way to use these papers...I think I have them too. Amazing how we can have the same supplies, all around the world!
Your card is great...perfect for a masuline card. Love the blue polka dots on the corrugated card.

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a fun space theme.
Pauline
x

Dotty Jo said...

Love all the tiny rockets, and I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing with the Sistahs! Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I have that sentiment set, and I love how you MacGyvered it to fit your space theme! What a cool card! Thanks for joining us, again, at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Cara said...

Brilliant card, I felt your pain with the peel offs! Cara x

Donna said...

Ohhhhh another fab spacey creation!
UGH I hear ya on those peel offs, and the older they are the harder it is! I end up poking myself with the pokey tool more than getting them off their backing!
GRRRRRRR...the things we do for crafty awesomeness eh?
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers (again) for O is for Outer Space.

Majo said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers (again)!

Majo - DT ♥

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Cute space card. Thanks for spacing out with the sisterhood.

Lynne Mizera said...

Oooooh!Brilliant.. cutting up a Dyan Reaveley stamp to make it work for your card.... Love this one Ms. Jane! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers this week!