Tuesday 7 June 2016

Floral dragonfly

I adore this floral dragonfly stamp, which I bought after seeing somebody else use it on their blog, yet I've only used it a couple of times. It's time I put that right!

Today I've made a watercolour background using Distress and Kaleidacolor inks with a waterbrush, just scribbled onto watercolour paper. The dragonfly is stamped and embossed over the background and some areas of it picked out with markers.


I am sharing this with

AAA Cards - Watercolours 



Rubber Dance - Purple, turquoise and magenta (optional flowers)  - I've been a lurker over at Rubber Dance for a few months now, but I have never felt confident enough with the arty style usually used in their challenges to dip my toe in and play along. However I have just read that they are sponsoring the current challenge at CASology, so I'm hoping they will find my rather more CAS style of card suitable for their challenge this month (and I'll be back later in the week with my CASology entry)





9 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane. The watercolour background is beautiful and that really is a stunning dragonfly stamp. xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, such a lovely watercolour background and beautiful dragonfly.
Pauline
x

Mrs A. said...

Looks just like black lace and beautiful against your handmade background. Hugs Mrs A.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Gorgeous card, Jane! That dragonfly stamp is so beautiful, love how the designer have managed to incorporate all those flowers in its wings, and you've coloured them so beautifully. Love your watercolour background, too. I'm so happy to see that you have (finally) joined our challenge! We welcome cards of all shapes and styles and CAS cards are certainly no exception :-) Thank you so much for joining our June challenge with your fabulous card. I hope you'll join us again! ♥

Jane said...

Super pastel watercolour background and such an unusual dragonfly. Thanks for playing at AAA Card.

Cara said...

Beautiful card, that stamp is so unusual. I think I need to play wth some watercolouring now! Cara x

ionabunny said...

Hi Jane, so glad you have graduated from lurker to participant. This is a beautiful card you have shared. I myself am partial to a bit of CAS. Love the dragonfly and I am impressed that you managed to find three brads that so perfectly match our challenge colours. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Justine Hovey said...

Pretty stamp - it's very unique. I love the colourful watercolour background! Thanks for playing along at the AAA Card Challenge :) ~Justine

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colored dragonfly and the soft background. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge!
Hugs, DT-Anita