Wednesday 8 June 2016

Oh you mucky pup!

Sometimes as I'm crafting I make up a story to fit my  card, and that's what happened with this one:


It seems to me that somebody was studying a valuable ancient text when the dog bounded in from the garden, wet and muddy, shook himself all over the place and then ran across the text, leaving footprints and mud splashes everywhere.

The image is a Little Claire's stamp, stamped with memento ink and then coloured in using a waterbrush, picking up colour from a Walnut Stain DI pad. For the background, I have stamped an ancient manuscript background all over using the DI, then spritzed it with water and allowed to dry. Then I overstamped that with footprints and splodges and used a scoring tool to roughen up the edges a bit.

I am sharing this with

OLLCB - one for the boys
Fantasy Stampers - Man's Best Friend
Inkspirational - Text

7 comments:

Cara said...

Cute card and your story made me laugh! Cara x

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such an adorable image and perfect papers - great story!
Pauline
x

Barb said...

Oh Jane what an awful thing to happen!!!! But I love your card. The "ancient text" looks great and that's the cutest dog image. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Oh great card the one with the bow on looks very worried about what they've all been up to lol Debbs xx

JayBe said...

What a fab design, Jane - I love your little story to go with it too. Thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stampers this time.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Cazro said...

Thanks for the story. Ha Ha. A wonderful doggie card Jane. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz DT.

Yvonne Garner said...

How cute is this?!?! Thank you for joining in at Inkspirational!