Thursday 16 June 2016

SnapCat

No, not SnapChat, that's one aspect of social media that I've not dabbled in (yet). A snap as in a Polaroid snap - of a cat.

This card was actually inspired by the ribbon, that was part of a goody bag I won. Isn't it gorgeous? Shiny silver paw prints on a turquoise-blue background. So my "photo" is of the cat that must have left those pawprints, I had intended to make the whole Polaroid as a single layer, colouring in the blue background, but I thought this scribble-style cat could end up looking messy if I tried to colour around it, so I stamped and embossed it onto some card that matches the ribbon instead.

The backing paper is a downloaded Coosty Creations design. The cat stamp is a very old UM, I can't remember where it came from, and the sentiment is a Studio G stamp.


I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - Let me Take a Selfie
Show Us Your Pussies - Furrything Goes

4 comments:

Chris Dring said...

That is such a cool scribbly cat stamp! Love the colors and that ribbon IS fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Cara said...

Love the way it's like a mug shot of the offender! Great idea to use that lovely ribbon with that lovely cat stamp. Cara x

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Jane: What a fabulous card, love, LOVE the sketchy cat image, it looks awesome embossed in silver and the ribbon is awesome indeed.
Thank you for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash, we hope to see you again in the gallery soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

ike said...

That is fabulous - the ribbon is gorgeous and I love your colour combo. What a brilliant kitty stamp and he looks wonderful embossed :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog