Sunday 5 June 2016

Do you want to build a snowman?

You may have noticed I've been AWOL for a few days - I've not been commenting on your blogs, and the only post has been my pre-scheduled Twofers one. Well, that is because I've been away with a friend, enjoying a relaxing break at the Champneys spa at Forest Mere in Hampshire. I love going there - it is such a beautiful, relaxing place, and even the drive home is through pretty country lanes, with no motorway or busy town centre traffic to push the stress levels back up again.

There were some new attractions since my last visit, including an ice chamber - yes, you go into it clad only in your wet swimsuit and are immediately surrounded by ice and snow. Real snow! It's actually very refreshing and the air is so clean and clear that it's wonderfully clearing on the airways, blocked by congestion or hayfever, making it much easier to breathe. My friend works with five-year-olds, so her immediate reaction was to start humming "Do you want to build a snowman" and she grabbed a handful of snow and made a teeny, tiny little snowman about 3cm high, and stood him beside the door. I wonder if any of the other guests have spotted him yet?

Naturally, by the time I got home I wanted to build a snowman or three of my own - using the medium of card making! So I stamped and coloured these Lili of the Valley snowmen, adding Stickles and Wink of Stella to sparkle them up. The base card is from a very old QVC kit - I think it was a Chinese themed set - and I've used black card and red holographic borders to make the snowmen stand out. The sentiment is a very old unlabelled stamp from my collection.


I am sharing this with

Jingle Belles - Frosty the Snowman
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Vintage or Anything Goes

6 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

Let it go ( sings )


Very good card Jane

SmilynStef said...

Sounds like a very relaxing getaway ... love your fun little snowmen ... so glad you helped us celebrate Frosty at Jingle Belles.

Barb said...

Glad you had a good time away with your friends. A very cute snowman card Jane. Barbxx

Cara said...

Fab card, such cheery snowmen! I want to crawl into a snow cave right now! Cara x

Cara said...

Forgot to say, glad to hear that you had a lovely time!

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and fabulous card, i love those uber-cuuuuuuute snow dudes! thanks for celebrating all things cool and wintery with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥