Wednesday 15 June 2016

London Fog

This month's challenge at One Layer Simplicity is STENCIL. Now I don't have many stencils, so I decided to make one using a die from the X-cut Build-a-scene London set.

First of all I stamped and embossed the postbox and greeting, then masked them and also masked off an area in the middle of the card, taped down the die cut negative and sponged grey ink into it. The finished effect is of a traditional pillarbox with a foggy London skyline in the background.


I know this card is going to go down well with my competition loving friends - especially those in the LONDON Competitors Club, as we all love postboxes - after all, most of our exciting prizes come through the post!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Great idea to make your own stencil. Love the vibrancy of the postbox against that background. Cara x

Heather said...

I love your skyline stencil, what a fabulous idea for your background.

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute and I love the look of your skyline.
Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS this month!