Tuesday 28 June 2016

So long, and thanks for all the fish......

Unless you are a Douglas Adams fan, you probably don't have a clue what I'm talking about! "So long, and thanks for all the fish" is the title of one of the books in his Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy series, in which the dolphins, who have been trying unsuccessfully for years to tell the human race that our planet was going to be destroyed in order for the Vogons to create an Intergalactic Superhighway, finally decide to leave Earth behind. "So long, and thanks for all the fish" is their parting message.

I think it would make an excellent sentiment for a Bon Voyage card, perhaps a retirement card for an office  team to send to a colleague or, if the recipient is also a Douglas Adams fan, a 42nd birthday. However there doesn't appear to be a rubber stamp of it. So I made my own on the computer - the font, if you are interested in such things, is Mister Sirloin BTN Rare (which sounds rather more meaty than fishy).

I've teamed it with some papers from a Stampin Up pas called Going Places, a stamped dolphin image which uses a very old anonymous unmounted stamp I got in a grab bag, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Promarkers, and a selection of stars and dolphin embellishments from my stash.


Sorry the photo's a bit skew-whiff, I must have been leaning to one side when I took it!

I am sharing this with

C.R.A.F.T. Challenges - Animals
Sweet Stampin - Seeing Stars
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - O is for Outer Space  

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant card, and yes I am a BIG Douglas Adams fan. Thanks for playing with the SoSS, Jo x

Cara said...

Yep, a perfect card for a meaning of life birthday! Love how you've put this card together and thanks for sharing the font details. Cara x

Lindsey said...

Oh how I love this. It really just needs a towel to make it complete. ;) Great design, and love those little dolphin embellishments. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chris Dring said...

I'm a major big Douglas Adams fan, so I AM LOVING THIS CARD!!!!! And now, I have that ear worm in my head (but not the critter that was shoved in Arthur Dent's ear so he could understand what the Vogons and other aliens were saying) Love the galaxy paper paired with the stars, and are those dolphin brads?!!!! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Cass said...

Super card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Super card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card! Love the sentiment.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Donna said...

Perfect! Love the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference!
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for O is for Outer Space.

Majo said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Majo - DT ♥

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Perfect card for a reader. Thanks for spacing out with the sisterhood.